Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cozumel


We docked in Cozumel and you can see the Celebrity Equinox across from us.


This boat is what they called a "Fast Ferry" which took us from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen in about half an hour. The water was very choppy and it was not a pleasant trip for many on board, but my husband and I really enjoyed the ride.


This gives you a bit more perspective on the size of the ship versus the size of the ferry.


The 'Zonkey Show'?? Sorry I'm going to miss it -- I think.


This is the first turtle I've seen during the whole trip!


A beautiful catamaran sailing past us.


As we arrive at the pier in Playa del Carmen the water looks almost as pretty as ours. ;-)


One of the beaches in Playa del Carmen.


Beautiful beachfront property.


The beautiful Real Club, part of the Gran Porto Real Resort in Playa de Carmen, a five star property which I surely couldn't afford to stay at, but enjoyed staring!


A gorgeous dome in the porte cochere at the Real.


Flags fly high as we walk to the bus which will drive us an hour south to Mayan ruins in Tulum.

No comments: